Wednesday, February 29, 2012

W8: It was my first time in the new O'Betty's and I was not surprised. The very laid back, sort of odd atmosphere is usual. I came in a couple minutes late, missed out on a seat with the rest of the class, but I snatched a seat at the bar with some other classmates and I ordered water. I'm on a health kick, mostly because a lot of the things we've been talking about in class has scared me a little, and warm weather is coming. Since I'm on this new and probably not long lasting, health kick, I examined my classmates food and watched their enjoyment. They seemed to like the simple, local, and fatty food and it looked so delicious. Sitting at the bar I could see into the kitchen, everything seemed clean and the cooks in the back looked like they had been working hard with the large lunch crowd that was there. There were pictures of pin-up type woman hanging around the place with leopard print and red fabric on the lighting and poorly cut leopard print fabric on side tables. A weird decor, mixed with promiscuity, and a little bit of the same things from Garden Cafe, the previous restaurant. After realizing this I couldn't help but just laugh, after all, it is O'Betty's. The servers were VERY friendly and attentive. Above my head was a ledge with awards from every year since probably 2000 saying that O'Betty's had the best hot dogs or combinations. Customers at O'Betty's varied. Obviously there were many college students there, but I saw locals, and even a man in a business suit (who tipped pretty well). O'Betty's food is quick, easy, and affordable, placed in a pretty nice location, close to Court Street and West Green. Once I'm over this health kick or on a cheat day, I'm making a trip to O'Betty's.

No comments:

Post a Comment